A section ribbon attached to a fibre is depicted emerging from a diamond knife edge (left) beneath the ribbon the grid attached to a holder touches the section ribbon.
For easily handling and mounting of section ribbons. The mounting of the manipulator is easy. The original plate on the cryochamber is removed, the manipulator is fixed in 5 minutes.
- Frozen hydrated biological samples (CEMOVIS)
- Room temperature sectioning of water sensitive samples
- Dry resin sectioning of biological samples for chemical analysis
- Dry sectioning of industrial samples such as polymers
- The left manipulator moves a conductive fibre on which the sections are attached by electrostatic force; the growing ribbon is guided.
- The right manipulator guides the grid very precisely below the section ribbon, the sections are attached to the carbon film with electrostatic force.
- Leica cryochambers FC6 and FC7 equipped with a Crion ionizer/charger
- adaption on other cryochambers upon request
|DZ100-01||DiATOME manip||each||14,250.00||Add to Cart|
A cryosection showing vacuole, mitochondria and filopodium of a cultured cell. C. Peitsch and I. Iavocache, Inst. of Anatomy, Bern. Bar 100 nm
The cryosectioning approach is described by Struder et al.:
Struder, D., Klein A., Iacovache, I, Gnaegi, H., and Zuber B. (2014). A new tool based on two micromanipulators facilitates the handling of ultrathin cryosection ribbons. Journal of Structural Biology, 185, 125-128.
What services can we offer you?
- Technical assistance in all fields of ultramicrotomy.
- Free sectioning tests for all types of samples.
- Make use of our many years of experience in perfecting our knives.
- With a telephone call, an e-mail or a fax message we can inform you of any details you require.
We are looking forward to hearing from you soon!