EMS Catalog #63560-05
The Disposable Cell Counting Chamber! Cell Counting Made Easy
These Disposable Cell Counters are an enclosed chamber with two ports for sample introduction. The chamber contains precisely spaced lines in a grid pattern. There are two counting chambers per slide for replicates.
Figure 1: Schematic Drawing of a Cellometer TM
The counting grid pattern is the Improved Neubauer, as in a common Hemacytometer. The consistent pattern design allows the standard cell counting procedure to be followed.
Figure2: Counting Grid: The Liquid Volume
Under square A, B, C are 1x10 -4 ml,
And 2.5x10 -7 ml, respectively.
Procedure For Use
- Pipette 15-20 microliters cell suspension through sample port.
- Place Cellometer TM under optical microscope.
- Adjust focus on both the grid lines and the cells.
- Count cells following standard cell counting procedures.
- Count the total number of cells found in four of the large corner squares as shown in Figure 2.(Total Count)
- Calculate cell concentration( Cell concentration= Dilution factor x (total count ÷ 4) x 10 4
- Dispose cell counting chamber in bio waste.
Cellometer TM with cells