A temporary adhesive. These wash away adhesives are used as a temporary bond for holding delicate crystals, metallurgical specimens, glass components, and ceramic substrates for dicing, slicing, drilling and polishing. These materials adhere readily to metals, glass, ceramic and then can be washed after machining away using various solvents.
- Machining or slicing single crystal metal specimens
- Grinding and polishing sapphire, ceramic, optical garnets, ferrites, and LCD glass
- Dicing and slicing germanium and silicon wafers in semiconductor production
- Dicing and slicing alumina and beryllia substrates for IC and microelectronic production
- Holding beam leads in IC devices for pull-off tests
- Dicing subminiature chip capacitors and microwave IC substrates
||⅞" Dia. x 7" stick
|Viscosity at Flow Point
||Acetone or 509 Stripper
Now available in 3 standard colors and both round sticks and rectangular bars
Crystalbond 509 offers excellent adhesion to metals, glass, and ceramic. This material is the best for precise high purity work since it leaves no residue after dissolving and does not clog the diamond wheel as compared to conventional waxes.
Each stick weighs about 90 grams. The rectangular bars come without any wrapping in a clean plastic sleeve, 5 bars to a sleeve.