The Excell slide was developed with superior adhesion and wettability properties, and has been shown to perform very well in most applications
- Excell™ Adhesion Surface for Heat Induced Epitope Retrieval – Excell™ was developed for use in the HIER methods that require high pH antigen retrieval solutions, including EDTA. Formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue demonstrated more consistent attachment when performing these procedures on the Excell™ surface
- Automated Staining – Excell™ has a uniform hydrophilic surface that works extremely well with automated staining equipment
- Cell Culture – Excell™ surface technology conditions the surface to enhance the attachment of anchorage dependent cell lines, including many fastidious lines, such as primary neuronal cells. Attachment and proliferation is increased so cells achieve a confluent monolayer sooner
- Plastic – Excell™ works well for both Epon and Methyl Methacrylate sections. Its uniformly hydrophilic surface allows the sections to spread well during initial attachment. Section adherence is maintained throughout lengthy staining procedure
- Laser Capture Microdissection – Excell™ gives you the advantage of excellent tissue adherence of all tissue types, yet it easily releases those area of interest identified for Laser Capture Microdissection.