EMS Catalog #60520, 60521
Terg-a-Zyme consists primarily of a homogeneous blend of sodium linear alkylaryl sulfonate, phosphates, carbonates, and protease enzyme. Terg-a-Zyme is anionic in nature. The protease enzyme in Terg-a-Zyme is bacillus licheniformis subtilisin carlsberg which may be deactivated by 300 ppm hypochlorite at 85 degrees F in seconds; 3.5 ppm hypochlorite at 100 degrees F for 2 min; exposure to pH below 4 for 30 min at 140 degrees F; or by heating to 175 degrees F for 10 min.
Terg-a-Zyme is an enzyme-active powdered detergent that is versatile in that it
- Is concentrated to save you money
- Is biodegradable
- Replaces corrosive acids and hazardous solvents
- Has protease enzyme that remove proteinaceous soils, tissue, blood, and body fluids
- Is of free-rinsing to give you quality results
- Is used to pass your cleaning and inspection approvals
Terg-a-Zyme is used to clean
- Hospital instruments
- Dairy equipment
- Laboratory ware
- Reverse osmosis
- Ultrafiltration membranes and units
- Sampling apparatus
- Pharmaceutical apparatus
- Cosmetics manufacturing equipment
- Optical parts
- Process equipment
- Industrial parts
- Desalination plants
Terg-a-Zyme is used to remove
- Fat and oils
- Proteinaceous soils
- Dairy proteins
- Solvents and Bioreactor residue
Terg-a-Zyme cleans a number of surfaces, such as
- Stainless steel
- Soft metals
Terg-a-Zyme should follow cleaning methods
- Flow through clean-in-place
- Will foam – not for spray or machine use
- Make a fresh 1% solution (2½ tbsp. per gallon, 1¼ ounce per gallon or 10 grams per liter) in cold or warm water.
- If available, use warm water below 130°F (55°C).
- Clean by soak, circulate, wipe, or ultrasonic methods.
- Follow manufacturer's directions for filter membrane cleaning.
- Rinse thoroughly, preferably with running water.
- For critical cleaning, do final or all rinsing in distilled, deionized, or purified water.
- For food contact surfaces, rinse with potable water.
Cleaning Validation Methods
Test a parameter of rinse water before and after rinsing the cleaned surface, or test the clean surface. No significant change in the parameter indicates no detectable detergent residue. Parameters measured include: pH, conductivity, UV, TOC, HPLC, sodium concentration, phosphorus concentration, anionic detergent concentration using inexpensive detergent water testing kits, surface tension, and surface analysis.
|pH of 1% solution
|Flash point (degrees F)
|Phosphate content (as phosphorous)
|Organic carbon (1% calculated w/w)
|Surface tension 1% solution (Dyne/cm)
|Percent active ingredients
||White and cream colored flakes and brown specks
|Solubility in water
||To 10% (w/w) at ambient temperature
|Hard water effectiveness
||Two (2) years from the date of manufacture