Rota Filler 1000™
EMS Catalog #70975-01
The Rota Filler 1000 is a manual pipette controller uniquely designed for one-handed operation. To operate, simply squeeze the main bulb, then push the toggle forward to aspirate, or back to dispense. Pushing the blowout bulb will expel any liquid remaining in the pipette.
- Replaceable tapered silicone pipette adapter allows a large range of pipette sizes and makes to be used
- Includes a magnetic/wall mountable holder and 0.45µm filter
||Pipette performance can be impaired if liquid is aspirated into the Pipette Controller. If liquid is aspirated into unit, see cleaning instructions under the mainenance section below. It may be necessary to replace the filter.
- Attach the Pipette
- Hold top of unit with one hand and carefully push pipette into silicone adapter inside nozzle, twisting slightly. NOTE: Excessive force can cause pipette to break, especially when inserting thin pipettes.
- Immerse pipette tip into liquid.
- Squeeze rubber bulb until somewhat deflated.
- Push toggle UP to aspirate. NOTE: Speed of aspiration is dependent upon the amount the toggle is pushed UP from center position.
- Release toggle. (Toggle goes back to center position and aspirated liquid is held in place.)
- Place pipette tip at an angle against the inside of receiving vessel.
- Push down slowly on the toggle. NOTE: Dispensing speed is dependent upon the amount the toggle is pushed DOWN from center position.
- Blow out
- Push Blow-out-bulb as many times as needed in order to expel any remaining liquid in the pipette.
This unit is normally maintenance-free. Occasionally, the housing may need to be wiped with a damp cloth.
- Cleaning the Pipette Adapter and Replacing the Filter
||Always wear protective gloves and safety goggles when cleaning and/or exchanging the filter in order to avoid the risk of contamination and/or splashing.
|The pipette adapter, filter and filter adapter may be steam sterilized at 121°C for 20 minutes. NOTE: It is user responsibility to sterilize properly.
- How to Clean Nose Cone if it has liquid in it or if Unit is not aspirating correctly:
- Hold pipette over a container and remove the pipette.
- Carefully unscrew the Nose Cone.
- Remove filter.
- Remove pipette adapter from Nose Cone by pushing it upwards.
- Rinse pipette adapter with demineralized water and allow to dry at room temperature.
- Insert filter: face imprinted side toward pipette adapter and push in. The side without imprinting and a smooth protrusion should now be visible.
- Reassemble the pipette by reversing the above steps.
- Test pipette for leaks (See below).
- Checking for Leaks
- When pipette is filled, liquid should not drip from it when toggle is in center position. If the pipette does start to drip, disassemble pipette adapter, filter and filter adapter. Cafefully reassemble. Replace worn parts if necessary.
- See illustration for replacement parts.
- Replacement Parts:
- 70975-02 RF100 Replacement Filters (5/pk)
- 70975-03 Replacement Silicone Pipette Adapter
- Use with 1-50ml pipettes, plastic or glass
||PTFE/25mm dia/0.45µm filer in PP housing
Rota Filler 1000™