The new 5100mz series Vibrating Microtomes share the user interface with the premium 7000smz-2, placing a wide range of adjustable parameters at the user's fingertips. Use in fully manual or the semi-automated "slice window" mode which automatically remembers the start and finish position of the slice.
The 5100-Plus is perfect for those who need to keep slices viable for longer, e.g. for electrophysiological field recordings. The user can calibrate the Z-axis deflection of the blade to 2μm with the adjustable blade holder and "optical" calibration device. Minimal Z-axis deflection reduces the "chatter" and minimizes damage to the slice surface, leading to greater viability of the cells on the slice surface.
The 5100mz is a very competitively priced, high precision, vibrating microtome which shares many features with the top of the range 7000smz series, such as the vibrating mechanism, the inner and outer tissue baths and the easy to use control system. This new entry level microtome is perfect for techniques such as histology, organotype slice culture and low resolution imaging with a fixed blade holder and a mechanism Z-axis error rate of 5-8μm.
- Includes the Z-axis calibration unit (5100mz-Plus only)
- Mechanism Z-axis error of less than 10μm
- Vibration speeds from 50 to 80Hz
- Amplitudes from 0.5mm to 1.5mm
- Fine control of the blade advance (min. 0.1mm/sec)
- Set start and stop position of blade travel
- Remote controls allowing for sterile use in culture hood
- Ice water bath easily removed for cleaning
- Optional cold light and magnifier for clear observation
- Optional Peltier cooled bath
- Contro; handset allows full remote control