ACLAR® is made from fluorinated-chlorinated resins. There are four basic film types–the homopolymer ACLAR® Rx Series, the copolymers ACLAR® 22A and 33C and the new ACLAR® Cx. (Honeywell/Allied Signal). The chemical make-up of all ACLAR® products provide an exceptional moisture barrier. ACLAR® is crystal clear, biochemically inert, highly resistant to most chemicals and sterilizable by heat or radiation. ACLAR® is used widely in pharmaceutical, medical, sensitive electronics and military packaging.
Aclar® UltRx 2000 is a 2.00 mil (51 micron) PCTFE homopolymer, high performance barrier film for the pharmaceutical and medical markets. It thermoforms well on conventional blister packaging equipment and provides the best barrier of any clear film.
- Crystal clear, high UV transparency– ideal for use in UV curing of embedding resin in microscopy.
- Chemically stable and biochemical\y inert– the product of choice for growing cell cultures.
- Low dielectric constant, high electric strength and dissipation factor– offers excellent cell attachment even through lengthy processing procedures.
- Low surface energy–and separates easily from epoxy.
- Exhibits no detectable autofluorescence– ideal for fluorescent microscopy.
- A non-flammable, non-aging co-polymer– which is suited for sterilization by heat or UV.
- Crystalline melting point is 206°C (403°F)– stable in the SEM.
- Flexible and soft– can be sectioned without damage to the ultramicrotome knives.
ACLAR® UltRx 2000 Film
ACLAR® UltRx 2000 film is available in 2 (51µm) mil thickness and it is offered in a 11.69” x 8.27” sheet form with package quantities of 10 or 25.