Streamline the work of frozen tissue preparation.
The Davidson® Cryocup® System works with your existing equipment, such as microtomes and cryostats. Compatibility includes Leica, Microm (Avantik), Sakura, and Thermo-Shandon equipment.
- Maintains cold temperature for quick freezing.
- Facilitates perfect flattening of oriented tissue specimens during freezing. Samples can be produced quickly, ready for slicing with little or no facing required.
- Quickly fills in if your cryostat loses temperature to help prevent work interruption.
- Portable, space-saving, and economical. Use in the field or in a satellite lab.
How to use the Cryocup® System
Following this process can achieve a perfectly flattened specimen, already faced, mounted on a chuck, and ready for slicing, in under a minute:
- Place dyed specimen into a Cryocup®.
- Fill with OCT up to the ledge.
- Place a Cryo Chuck (or one you already have) on top of the specimen.
- Place the Cryocup® in the Cryo Holder and lower the cover onto the Cryocup®.
- Dip the Cryocup® into liquid nitrogen (10 seconds).
- Drain. Remove Cryocup®.
- Warm Cryocup® slightly to release tissue specimen.
Base your size choice on the size of chuck you may already have with your equipment, or the size of specimens you typically process.
NOTE: BPI indicates compatibility with most Leica, Sakura, and old style Thermo-Shandon equipment.
Cryocup® Complete Systems
- 3 Cryocups®
- Nitrogen Reservoir
- Water Basin
- Cgucks are not included