Graphene Oxide on Holey Carbon, Cu Grid, 300 mesh
Graphene Oxide (GO) support film is a super thin (<1nm), naturally hydrophilic layer placed over the Holey, Lacey or Quantifoil support film on copper or gold grids. Pre-treatment of GO Support Films is unnecessary - by default, the hydrophilic surface spreads particles evenly across the grid. A hydrophobic surface can be achieved by heating in the air. Note: plasma cleaning or glow discharge will damage the support film.
- Works well with Holey Carbon, Lacey Carbon and Quantifoil grid types, effectively spanning the gaps
- Less expensive to produce due to complexity of graphene manufacturing
- Better background contrast than graphene, results in higher resolution
- Nearly transparent in electron beam
- Barely visible under optical microscopes
- Regular batch checking ensures correct coverage of monolayers