For Room Temperature
Knives are available with a 45° angle.
Section thickness range 0.2-2 µm.
Cutting edge length 8 mm.
The knife is designed for the sectioning of hard and soft biological and industrial materials, non embedded or embedded in methacrylate or epoxy resins.
The histo knife may be used on all ultramicrotomes and microtomes with a retraction of the specimen in the return phase.
For the production of our histo knives we use natural diamonds of highest quality. They guarantee the best quality and durability of the cutting edges.
Some of the advantages of our histo diamond knife as compared to glass knives are as follows :
- Perfect sections, free of scores or compression.
- Serial sections without knife change.
- Thinner sections.
- Extreme durability of the cutting edge.
- No knife making procedure.
- Lifetime guarantee.
For 3D reconstruction it is imperative not to lose a single section (Ref. Blumer).
The large Jumbo boat as well as the adhesive (Pattex compact by Henkel) applied to the side of the sample block increase the distinct advantages
- Easy production of section ribbons (0.5-2 µm)
- No section loss
- No folding
- The same orientation of all sections
- Easy collection of section ribbons
- Multiple ribbons on one glass slide
- Perfect for Immuno-histo-chemistry
Nondecalcified rat bone., Scale: 35 mm = 100 µm. Daniel Studer, Anatomisches Institut, Bern.