For Materials Analysis and more
EMS Metallurgical Microscopes use long working distance objectives and reflected or incident illumination to deliver sharp, high contrast images of solid specimens. The large collector lens and light path combine with the specifically positioned diaphragms to allow more light for brighter images. A polarizer and analyzer and color filters are built-in to enhance observation. The Inverted model utilizes incident illumination for over size samples. The trinocular head allows for quick and easy attachment of cameras for documentation.
- Five long working distance objectives without cover slip correction for close specimen observation.
- Transmitted illumination is facilitated with large glass inserts in the mechanical stage.
- The polarizing analyzer is used in conjunction with the polarized filter cube, which is easily accessed via the push rod. The analyzer may also be placed on the lower light source and used with the polarized filter cube for transmitted light work.
- Optical body - Seidentopf design inclined 30°, 55 to 75 mm interpupillary adjustment, 360° rotation
- Nosepiece - quintuple, ball bearing
- Eye Pieces - 10X, Focal Length 25 mm, FN 18 mm.
- Focus Mechanism - adjustable tension control to prohibit drift and adjustable up-stop to protect objective lenses; dial markings at 0.002 mm increments
- Incident light system includes condenser, iris diaphragm, color and polarizing filter. Transmitted illumination, 1.25 N.A. Abbe condenser with iris diaphragm; all systems use a 20 watt, 6 volt Halogen bulb with dimmer
- Mechanical Stage (W x D) (in / cm)
BC-233 - 10.7 5 x 10.875 / 27.30 x 27.62
MET-233 - 6.3 x 3.4 / 16 x 14
BC4-311 - 7.25 x 5.5 / 18.5 x 15; with right-hand coaxial dropdown control knobs
- Frame Dimensions (W x H x D) (in / cm)
BC-233 - 9.8 x 17 x 18 / 25 x 44 x 45
MET-233 - 7.8 x 46.4 x 17 / 20 x 42 x 43
BC4-311 - 7.7 x 13.5 x 22/19.5 x 34.5 x 55
- Gross Weight (lb / kg)
BC-233 - 80 / 36
MET-233 - 18 / 8.2
BC4-311 - 40 / 18.2
|Field of View
with 10X E.P. (mm)
Brightfield Planachromatic (mm)
|50X R LWD
|80X R LWD