For fast, high-speed grinding of small samples from 20 to 50 mm (¾" to 2"). The unit comes with a stainless steel or hard-faced blade which rotates at speeds up to 12,000 rpm and will successfully grind bauxite, bone, ceramics, coal, Devorda's alloy, fertilizer, filter paper, fly ash, frozen tissue, glass, grain, kaolinites, leaves, limestone, muscle tissue, pharmaceuticals, pigment blends, plastics, rocks, roots, seeds, slags, soil, teeth, wood, etc. The grinding chamber measures 2⅛"dia. x 1" deep (54 x 25 mm). Its overall dimensions are 5½" x 7" x 11" (H) (14 x 18 x 28 cm). It comes with a 6 FT. (1.8m) 3-wire cord and grounded plug. Power: 115V, 60Hz or 220V, 60Hz.
- The grinder operates only when the cover is latched and in place. This provides safety and prevents sample loss.
- The temperature of the grinding chamber can be maintained by means of built-in heat exchangers. ¼" (6.4mm) tubing connections on the cover and housing accept tubes for circulating water, methanol/dry ice liquid, or liquid nitrogen.
- The cover, grinding assembly, and milling blade head are removable for easy cleaning.
- The aluminum housing has an epoxy finish and non-skid rubber feet.
- The control panel has an overload protection reset button and a pilot light.
- The 1/5 horsepower (150 watts) motor develops a torque of 30-ounce-inches (2.2 Kg-cm) at 12,000 rpm.
Micro-Mill® 1, with stainless steel blade, 0-5 minutes electrical timer with an ON position for continuous operation.