A proprietary process where 1 to 2 micron particles of phosphor are deposited on the screen and produce the highest possible resolution. Because of our high quality, our coated viewing screens are now being supplied to many of the TEM manufactures in the market, including JEOL, Philips, Zeiss, Hitachi, Topcon, and Siemens.Features of the Service
- Calibrated Screen for Asbestos Analysis (AHERA)
- TEM Viewing Screens
- Fiber Optic Plates
- CCTV Detectors
- Digital Detectors
- RHEED System Screens
- SEM Kikuchi Screens
- Ion Beam Screens
- Image Intensifier Screens
Viewing screens are easily damaged by the electron beam, especially at high accelerating voltages where knock-on damage can be severe. For optimum viewing, fluorescent screens should be recoated regularly because coating efficiency decreases with prolonged electron irradiation. Burning may be evident, but also, the inefficient state of the coating may go unnoticed due to the gradual damage that occurs with use.Recoating Process:
Recoating usually takes 3 to 5 days and involves:
- stripping off the old phosphors.
- polishing and cleaning the surface.
- applying a new phosphor coating.
- deposition of film format marks (factory standard) custom markings, such as asbestos analysis circles (additional charge, ranging from $75.00 - 130.00, dependent on your specifications).
For those customers whom do not have a spare screen and can not afford any down time we do offer a special weekend express service(by prior arrangement). Briefly, your screen must be received by us on Friday, and we will ship it back to you on Monday for Tuesday delivery. For this service, an additional 25% will be applied to the recoating price.Service Information:
For custom markings, please furnish us with your specifications.