The versatile Vortex-Genie 2 mixes or shakes fluids in any type container with speed and precision.
Vortex Genie has long been the standard for laboratory mixing. Now with the development of numerous new mixing heads, the range of applications for the Vortex-Genie 2 has been greatly broadened so its use is limited only by your imagination. The Vortex Genie 2 is the lab standard that we have all come to know, and the Vortex Genie 2T is new with an integrated timer.
Features for the 2 and 2T:
- Shaking or Vortexing Action. Variable speed control allows slow speed shaking action up to high speed vortexing. In addition, each attachment is designed to produce different mixing actions, allowing you to choose the correct action for your application.
- Multi Task Versatility. A broad range of attachments of various shapes, sizes, and materials allows for the mixing of almost all common tubes or container for hands-free or touch operation.
- Hands-Free or Touch. A 3-position power switch lets you select continuous action or "Touch On" control. With the true "Hands-Free" operation of continuous action, lab operators can greatly increase lab efficiency.
- Stable Platform. Tough metal housing combined with "just enough weight" provides a stable platform for all types of mixing.
- Unmatched Reliability. Vortex Genie comes with many years of proven performance in laboratories all over the world.
Additional Features for 2T
- Timer Function. Both Touch and Hands-Free mode automatically turns the unit off after set time. Touch Mode: 1-60 seconds. Hands-Free (Switch activated Start/Stop) Mode: 1-60 minutes, or continuous untimed mode.
- Convenient. No need to watch the clock. Unit automatically stops at set time – in Touch Mode or Hands-Free (switch activated Start/Stop) Mode.
- Reproducibility. Vortexing time is constant, no matter the day or operator. Accuracy ±5%. Repeatability ±1%
Additional accessories for the Vortex Genie® 2 and 2T available. Click here
All units include a 3" Platform (shown) and Pop-Off Cup. Weight: 4 kg (4.4 lb), cast metal base with rubber feet. Base Dimensions: 165 mm (6.5") L x 122 mm (4.8") W x 165 mm (6.5").