Lamp Base Light Control Options
The SFA lamp base is available in three versions: Standard, DIM, and PULSE. Standard lamp bases have a simple OFF/ON operation. DIM lamp bases feature an OFF/ON/DIM switch to change the intensity of the light. PULSE lamp bases incorporate a BNC connector that accepts a voltage signal to control the excitation source ON/OFF.
Only one control option is available per base. This DIM and PULSE options can be purchased as part of a new system, as a retrofit to an existing base, or in a stand-alone lamp base purchased a la carte.
NIGHTSEA PULSE Option
The PULSE option adds a BNC connector on the rear of the base that accepts a user-supplied voltage input to turn the light on and off. Some possible applications
- External control (computer, function generator, etc.) for precise illumination timing for photoactivation, behavioral experiments
- PWM input for light dimming
- Footswitch for hands-free operation - contact EMS for details
- Voltage input - 2.8 - 6.0 VDC for ON, <0.6VDC OFF
- Maximum operation frequency - 10kHz
- BNC cable not included