DiATOME cryo diamond knives may be used for all low temperature situations such as sectioning of cryo-protected specimens, frozen hydrated specimens and industrial samples such as polymers and rubber.
There are numerous advantages to our cryo diamond knives as opposed to glass knives:
- They produce thinner sections.
- Ultrathin and semithin sections with the same knife.
- Easy to produce long ribbons of sections.
- Less compression and greater uniformity of sections.
- You gain time. No knife manufacturing, no knife changing, hence no waiting for temperature equilibration.
The Cryo 25° knife is designed for sectioning frozen hydrated specimens. The 25° angle results in the least possible compression and the best structure preservation.
The seal is made of a cold-resistant epoxy resin.
Styrene-butadiene block copolymer x 25'000, Ronald Walter, BASF Aktiengesellschaft, Polymer Physics, D-67056 Ludwigshafen.