The CryoJane® Tape-Transfer System creates frozen sections as thin as 2 microns with the same quality as sections cut from paraffin blocks. Sections are wrinkle-free, uncompressed, and fully intact when bonded to the microscope slide. The CryoJane uses adhesive coated slides and adhesive tapes to capture sections instead of using an anti-roll plate or brush. CryoJane is suitable for routine cryosections and is indispensable for sectioning difficult tissues including fatty breast and undecalcified bone.
- Preserves sample morphology
- Increases quality, reduces repeats and streamlines workflows
- Allows fast and virtually effortless serial sectioning
With the CryoJane Tape-Transfer System, thin tissue sections remain unflawed even after mounting. This makes CryoJane ideal for applications that require perfectly thin sections to clarify structural relationships and reveal morphological detail. The CryoJane Tape-Transfer System is adaptable to most cryostats on the market.
- Sections can be fixed "anhydrously" to preserve virtually all fine structures present in the snap-frozen block of tissue
- Water-soluble enzymes, antigens and nucleo-proteins are preserved in situ
- With appropriate fixation and staining, true localization of enzyme and antigen activity can be visualized
- The bond between the section and the slide is solvent resistant and permanent, preventing section loss during staining
- Histological stains
- Immuno stains
- In situ hybridization
- Laser Microdissection and Laser Capture Microdissection
- Frozen tissue arrays and other molecular diagnostic studies
- Ideal for fatty tissues - Keeps fatty tissues such as skin, breast & undecalcified bone together. Excellent for serial sections of brain.
- Consistent results - Consistent results help operators maintain productivity and preserve tissue samples
- Safe for protocols - 8 millisecond, long-wave UV (360 nm) is safe for protocols such as In situ Hybridization
- 2-60 µm - Sections can be cut between 2-60 um in thickness
- Temperature controlled - Temperature controlled pad for optimal section transfer conditions
CryoJane® System includes the following:
The Leica CryoJane Tape-Transfer System includes the control unit, (ECU) with a power cord, UV Flash Unit with Temperature Controlled Pad, Hand Roller and Mounting, Bracket, Door Bar, five Cable Clamps, one Slide Storage Shelf, 125 1X Adhesive Slides, 10 1/2X Adhesive Slides, 10 4X Adhesive Slides, one roll of Tape Windows (400 tapes per roll), a manual, one set of Replacement Fuses, Knife Facet Wipers and a one year Parts Warranty from date of install.
Notes: System does not include: Snap Freezer, oil bath or oil embedding accessories
Products required by the CryoJane System
Protective Oil Accessories Kit
Oil in the bath is maintained at –8°C inside the cryostat and will not melt the tissue when brushed on the frozen block-face. Frozen blocks coated with this protective oil can be stored for up to one year in a freezer without dehydration.
The Protective Oil Accessories Kit includes the following: Temperature controlled Oil Bath, 4 oz Bottle of Protective Oil, and Oil Brush. Please note that when purchased separately from the CryoJane system, installation of the Protective Oil Bath Accessory requires that the CryoJane® system be returned to Electron Microscopy Sciences.