DGD is a removable embedding medium (for thin and thick sections) that provides embedment free sections. Good for immunolabeling and high resolution light microscopy.
- Thin or thick embedment free sections can be obtained.
- Sections are easy to cut and ribbons are easily obtainable.
- Enhances the integrity of the specimen as it floats on the water.
- Sections produce interference colors according to its thickness.
Ethanol and n-butyl alcohol are used as dehydrating agents.
- Capco, Krockmalnic, & Penman (1984). A New Method of Preparing Embedment Free Sections For TEM: Applications to the Cytoskeletal Framework and Other 3D Networks. JCB Vol. 98, pp. 1878.
- Valdimarsson & Huebner (1989). DEGDS as an Embedding Medium for Immunofluorescence Microscopy. Biochem. Cell Biol. 67:242.
- Nickerson, Krockmalnic, He, & Penman (1990). Immunolocalization in Three Dimensions: Immunogold Staining of Cytoskeletal and Nuclear Matrix Proteins in Resinless Electron Microscopy Sections. PNAS Vol. 87, pp. 2259.
450 ml DGD
450 ml Ethanol
450 ml n-Butyl alcohol