Electron microscope image quality is greatly improved by the removal of hydrocarbon (H/C) contamination from microscope chambers and from specimen mounts, specimen holders, and the specimens themselves. The Evactron® Decontaminator was developed to clean microscope chambers of their residual H/C contamination.
The Evactron® SoftClean Chamber extends the ability to pre-clean specimens, specimen mounts, and holders with the proven downstream plasma ashing process before examination in the chamber, thus insuring high image quality. The Evactron® SoftClean Chamber can also be used as a specimen storage system, keeping samples in a clean environment.
The downstream plasma process used in the Evactron® SoftClean Chamber is gentle, yet very effective at removing H/C contamination. Sputter etching by other plasma cleaners can damage specimens through exposure to energetic ions and heat.
The Evactron® SoftClean Chamber uses reactive gas radicals to remove H/C from specimen surfaces by chemical etch, preserving critical sample fine structure. This downstream etching process breaks down problematic H/C residues into smaller molecules such as CO2, H2O and CO, which are easily pumped out of the chamber.
- Cleans SEM/TEM samples
- Cleans TEM grids/sample rods
- Inert sample storage
- Just use air for oxygen radicals, or use other gases for alternative plasma processes
- Easy setup and operation. Preset pressure, power and time settings
- Can be operated from either front panel or computer interface
- Optional shroud can cover transducer and valve assembly on the Plasma Radical Source
- Start cleaning by using chamber vent and evacuation controls
- Advanced plasma detection logic
- Cleaning and error logs record history and aid troubleshooting
- Electronic chassis: 3.5"H x 19"W x 7"D (9 x 23 x 48 cm)
- RF Power: 5-20 Watts at 13.56 MHz
- KF 40 vacuum mounting flange, adapter flanges available
- 90-250 VAC 50/60 Hz input
- Shipping: 20 lb. (10 kg.)
- Windows and Android GUI software
- Optional Safar side loaders (US 8,716,676 B2)
- Accommodates up to three TEM stage rods
- A dry scroll pump rated at 4 cfm/6.8 m3/h or better.
- A pump rated at ~8 cfm/13.5 m3/h is preferred.
- You may need to adapt The KF16 flange on the pump valve to a KF25 flange found on many roughing pumps.
- Use a roughing line of 2.5cm in diameter or larger.
Attachment Flange required, sold separately. See below.