FlipScribe® takes scribing to a new performance level, making clean, straight scribe lines on the back side to accurately cleave front side targets, bonded wafers and other substrates. This method eliminates contamination of sensitive front side devices during the scribing processes and is valuable for both crystalline and amorphous samples.
FlipScribe is a compact, stable, accurate, fast and low cost scribing and cleaving solution suitable for any lab; no utilities required. It provides a more accurate method for scribing than can be achieved with hand held tools, by integrating a robust diamond scribe into a sample platform with a fence guide design. Time required to align and scribe is about a minute. It allows users to accurately position the scribe mark relative to features on the front side, visualized either by eye or with a user-supplied high magnification microscope. FlipScribe also offers a quick method for cleanly downsizing large samples, with a "scribe stop" to allow the operator to define the length of the scribe.
- Enables accurate cleaving through frontside targets with a scribe made on the backside of the substrate
- Scribe does not damage the frontside of the sample
- Accuracy of scribe ±200 µm (achievable)
- Flexible with respect to sample size and shape
- Capable of scribing bonded crystalline and amorphous wafers and chips for subsequent cleaving
- No maintenance required
- Accurate positioning of the scribe relative to features on the front side (the front side being observed either by eye or with a stereoscope)
- The length of the scribe can be varied from 1 mm to 100 mm
- Prealigned diamond scribe in user replaceable cartridge; height and angle adjustable
- Ruler embedded in platform enables precise and repeatable sample alignment and sizing
- The tool is purely mechanical; no power required
||± 200 µm
|Cleaving cycle time
|Minimum sample size
||⅜"/9.5 mm (L) x ¼"/6.3 mm (W) x .01"/300 µm (H)
|Maximum sample size
||4" (100 mm) wafer; ¼ of 12" (300 mm) wafer; Non-wafer: ⅜"/9.5 mm (L) x ¼"/6.3 mm (W) x .01"/300 µm (H)
|Rail and guide system
||Maintains sample orthogonality and method to push the sample when scribing.
||7" (178 mm) x 6" (152 mm); ruled to facilitate sample sizing
||Sets the length of the scribe; continuously variable >1 mm - 4" (102 mm)
||Pre-installed diamond scriber with an eight (8) point diamond tip tool and 4 facets at 45° angle.
|Flat work surface
||No power required. Stereo microscope with parfocal zoom recommended
|No assembly required
||LatticeAx® cleaving machine for analysis-ready samples with accuracy to ±10 microns
|Small sample cleaver
||Cleaver for small samples, includes sample holders and cleaving apparatus
||Cleaving kit including pliers and scribers