Polycarbonate container, high-density polyethylene closure, tube holder, foam insert
Mr. Frosty Cryo 1°C Freezing Containers are inexpensive, reusable and convenient devices for freezing biological samples. Freeze cells in tubes from 1 to 5 ml using the Mr. Frosty™ Freezing Container. The simple-to-use system is designed to achieve a rate of cooling very close to -1°C/minute, the optimal rate for cell preservation. Isopropyl alcohol is necessary to achieve the recommended rate of cooling.
- Holds 12 to 18 tubes and has profile height of 86 or 151 mm (3-7/16 to 5-5/16 in.), which saves precious freezer space during the cooling process
- Screw top lid secures samples inside in the event of accidental container tipping
- Eliminates unreliable, improvised foam container devices
- Easy to use – requires only 100% isopropyl alcohol and a mechanical freezer
- No contact with the alcohol: no wicking, no label removal and no compromise of tube hand printing
- Containers have 4.75 in. diameter (120 mm) closure