Low Power Histological and Geological Slide Scanner
The PathScan Enabler 5 is the original low cost brightfield and polarized light whole slide scanner
Obtain ultra-high resolution images from 1 x 3 glass tissue slides in about a minute – without a microscope! The new PathScan Enabler 5 is a perfect compliment to any microscope imaging workstation.
This is the latest version of our patented PathScan series digital slide scanners. The original PathScan Enabler helped create the market for personal digital slide scanning over 23 years ago. With the new intuitive design, the PathScan Enabler 5 allows scanning of whole mounted histological samples attached to standard 1 x 3 inch cover slipped glass slides. The new optional polarizing holder allows scanning of polished rock thin sections attached to 1 x 2 inch glass slides in both brightfield and polarized light.
The PathScan Enabler 5 solves low power, large field of view, and high resolution imaging problems. Scan area is 24.3 x 36.5 mm, resulting in stunning, incredible images up to 14,320 x 9,522 pixels. The PathScan Enabler 5 holds two (2) 1 x 3 inch glass slides and includes simple to use software for both Windows and Mac computers. The polarizing holder accepts a single geological 1 x 2 inch glass slide. Image files are saved in .tiff or .jpg formats. The PathScan Enabler 5 is designed not to replace, but complement a microscope and digital camera. The entire sample is scanned with an even, clear background and makes a perfect overview image that can be viewed in a variety of software programs. Image scans are equivalent to 4X microscope resolution.onventional microscopes equipped with low power objectives and digital cameras typically cannot capture samples larger than 6 mm in diameter. The PathScan Enabler 5 captures specimens as large as 36.5 mm in diameter. Better yet, there is no uneven illumination or out of focus sample edges, as can be the case with traditional low power image capture techniques.
- Low cost slide scanner for histology and optional geological slides
- Simple to use software, scans, saves in .tiff or .jpg format
- Opens image in Adobe Photoshop, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Typical scan times is just over a minute
- Includes two (2) holders which accepts two (2) 1 x 3" glass slides
- Optional geological polarizing holder
- 10,000 x 10,000 dpi resolution, 2.54 microns per pixel
- Viewing windows allows you to see exactly what will be scanned
- LED white light illumination
- Windows and Mac compatible
- 24 bit color sampling
- Dynamic range 3.8
- Real time sharpening, automatic color correction
- PC Windows 7/8 Mac OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8
- USB 2 interface
- Dimensions 410 x 150 x 280 mm
Optional Geological Polarizing Holder
The new optional POLARIZING holder allows scanning of polished rock thin sections attached to 1 x 2 inch glass slides in both brightfield and polarized light!
Accepts one (1) 1 x 2" glass slide.