Lab Aid® Ultra™ II Storage Cabinets
The Tissue-Tek® Lab Aid® Ultra™ II is the next generation of large capacity slide and cassette (block) storage units with integrated security features.
The renewed Lab Aid® Ultra™ II has improved construction making the cabinet sturdier, and reducing the risk of damaged goods during shipment.
Along with improving on the construction and sturdiness of the cabinet, some modifications were made to the trays. The trays are redesigned to accommodate both slides and cassette blocks, eliminating the need to purchasing different trays for different needs. The new size of the trays also reduces dead space in each of the drawers to effectively use the full capacity of the drawer, increasing the number of blocks or slides that can be stored without making the cabinet larger. Note that the new trays are compatible with the previous Lab Aid® Ultra™ models, so existing customers can still get replacement trays in the future. Lids are now available to protect cassette blocks that will be stored for long periods of time, reducing exposure to outside elements. These trays with lids can also be used for temporary storage outside of the cabinet. They cannot be used for slides.
A new trolley has been added to the accessories portfolio of the Lab Aid® Ultra™ II. The cabinet can be placed on the trolley to make it a mobile unit. If a trolley is used, cabinets should not be stacked to avoid the risk of tipping over.
Converted drawers hold both cassettes and slides. The same cabinet can be used for both purposes. The new trays are compatible with the former models.
- 16 gauge sheet metal used for the cabinet exterior, making the unit sturdier
- Increased load capacity of the drawers by 17% for slides and 5% for blocks
- Reinforced cabinet interior
- More scratch resistant paint coating
- Improved shipping packaging
- 8 trays with 8 dividers in each drawer, for a total of 80 trays and dividers per cabinet
- 10 drawer identification strips, already in place
- Two keys to lock the drawers
- Hardware to connect cabinets together
- Writeable color-coded strips used to group slides and blocks in the drawers
- Trays with lids for added protection to cassette blocks
- Foam inserts to keep slides and blocks upright when a section of the tray is not full
- Lockable casters making the cabinet mobile (do not use for more than one cabinet)