Engineered to be easier to handle.
By making the grids slightly narrower users now have easy access to grids in TEM holders. No more fumbling with tweezers while trying to pick up or put down grids. The new TEM Window grid shape is still compatible with all standard holders. TEM Window dimensions are 2.9mm in diameter and 100µm thick.
- Plasma Cleanable - can be vigorously plasma cleaned to remove organic contamination
- Field to Field Uniformity - reduced variability
- Tolerates temperatures above 1000°C - supports use in environmental TEMs where dynamic processes are observed at high temperatures
- Withstands Harsh Conditions - Provides an ideal balance of imaging resolution, chemical stability and mechanical strength
- Incorporates stoichiometric silicon dioxide - offers the ability to analyze for nitrogen by EDX techniques
- 100 micron thick frame, fits 3 mm sample holders
- Non-Porous films are lightly wrinkled with approximately 5 microns or less deflection across 100 microns of travel. This is typically not problematic for high-resolution imaging.
- GFLAT silicon oxide films are created by a proprietary process that uniquely results in flat, suspended silicon oxide membranes. These membranes are ideally suited for biological imaging studies, with a glass-like hydrophilic surface. These TEM Windows are essentially micro-scale glass cover slips.
Choosing a TEM Window Grid